I wanted an easy, anybody could make kind of dressing and this is it. I'll share my mother-in-laws with you for Christmas, it is a little more involved.
- 1 lb. Ground Pork ( or you can used Jimmy Dean Sausage)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb. Ground Chicken Liver
- 1/2 lb. Ground Gizzards (or 1 container Savoie's Dressing Mix instead of the liver & gizzards)
- 1 lg. Onion (chopped)
- 1 lg. Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 4 ribs Celery (chopped)
- 3 pkg. Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (or Cream of Chicken)
- 2 cans Cream of Celery Soup
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning to taste
- 4 - 8½ oz. Boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Fry down all the meat, add onion, bell pepper, and celery until wilted. Add dry onion soup mix and canned soups. If the mixture is too thick, add a soup can of water. Season with the Tony's until it tastes the way you want it to.
Bake the corn muffin mix according to package directions, set aside to cool. Then crumble it up.
Add the crumbled cornbread to the meat mixture a little at a time, mixing as you go. Sometimes you use it all, and sometimes you don't, so don't dump it in all at once. It is ready to serve.
*Hint: Cook the meat mixture (then refrigerates it) and cornbread the day before, then heat the meat mixture up, and add the cornbread just before ready to serve.